Stylish, Sturdy and Light timeless handcrafted metal forged shelf bracket. Rustic and yet elegant look will make great addition to your home! Classic L-bar with a single curved square central bar.
Traditional Old Blacksmith School, and personal touch with 30 years of experience and education in two University of Art stay behind each my work.
Price is for one (1) bracket.
For manufacturing this bracket I use a flat bar 1 1/2" x 3/16". The square bar in the center is 3/8"x3/8" and it is riveted to the bracket. Square bar due to its thickness 3/8”, provides EXTRA strength and security.
A pair of brackets have a load capability approximately 150 lbs when the weight is placed next to the wall. Crucial meanings for the load capability will have your screws, mounting surface, depth of the shelf.
HOW to choose DIMENSIONS of the bracket?! - Shelf with the bracket 1" shorter than the shelf itself, looks as a proportionally balanced composition. When your shelf is 10" width, choose the bracket 9" length.
Standard brackets dimensions:
4" x 4"
4" x 5"
5" x 5"
6" x 5"
6" x 6”
6" x 7"
7" x 7"
7" x 8"
8" x 8"
8" x 9"
9" x 9"
9" x 10"
10" x 10"
10" x 11" goes with thicker central bar 1/2" x 1/2"
11" x 11" goes with thicker central bar 1/2" x 1/2"
11" x 12" goes with thicker central bar 1/2" x 1/2"
12" x 12" goes with thicker central bar 1/2" x 1/2"
Do not see dimensions you need? Email me!
- Unfinished: untreated steel with black/dark grey mill scale , rust scale, and blacksmithing marks. It will rust if it gets wet, either directly or simply through moisture in the air. You can leave it to rust or you can finish it yourself, the way you like.
- Clear coat: clear paint that leaves visible raw steel finish with the black/dark grey mill scale on it. Looks pretty much industrial and rugged. Can be used as indoor and outdoor.
- Raw steel, brushed and varnished: steel cleaned up from a scale, brushed, and varnished, letting to see you the character of the steel, and feel the touch of the warm hand in each item. Covered with polyurethane varnish.
- Organic hot beeswax: multi-layers finish with hot beeswax that gives natural patina, strong corrosion-resistant protection and 100% organic finish. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without scale after heating.
- Brown paint / gold patina: great resistance for indoor and outdoor use. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without a scale after heating.
- Satin grey / gold patina: excellent resistance for indoor and outdoor use. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without a scale after heating.
- Oil rubbed bronze: excellent resistance for indoor and outdoor use. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without a scale after heating.
Each bracket has six holes.
Fasteners are not included, because each wall demands its own type and length of screws. I do not know what kind of wall you have, so I do not want to provide you with wrong screws.
Each item is made to order in my workshop in Maryland. I have been doing blacksmith work since 1996. I use traditional blacksmith techniques making unique and contemporary things that would make a functional addition to your home. I put all my craftsmanship and care into each item.
You may expect slight variations in measurements and finish due to the handmade nature of our work. No two alike.
I accept a bespoke order.
Sturdy and Light Handcrafted Forged Metal Shelf Bracket.
Every item is made to order. The lead time is 3-4 weeks.