Timeless handcrafted metal forged shelf bracket. Modern Farmhouse and elegant appearance will make a stylish and sturdy addition to your Home! Great solution for the shelving, mantel support, countertop support.
Hand fabricated from a Heavy Duty 1.5" x 1/4" raw steel flat bar with additional square bar in the center 3/8"x3/8", that is riveted to the bracket.
The total combination of thicknesses 1/4" + 3/8" provides EXTRA strength and security.
A pair of brackets have a load capability 220 + lbs when you place a weight next to the wall. Crucial meanings for the load capability will have your screws and mounting surface.
Price is for one (1) bracket.
HOW to choose DIMENSIONS of the bracket?! - Shelf with the bracket 1" shorter than the shelf itself, looks as a proportionally balanced composition. When your shelf is 10" width, choose the bracket 9" length.
Standard brackets dimensions:
4" x 4"
4" x 5"
5" x 5"
6" x 5"
6" x 6”
6" x 7"
7" x 7"
7" x 8"
8" x 8"
8" x 9"
9" x 9"
9" x 10"
10" x 10"
10" x 11" goes with thicker central bar 1/2" x 1/2"
11" x 11" goes with thicker central bar 1/2" x 1/2"
11" x 12" goes with thicker central bar 1/2" x 1/2"
12" x 12" goes with thicker central bar 1/2" x 1/2"
Do not see dimensions you need? Email me!
- Unfinished: untreated steel with black/dark grey mill scale , rust scale, and blacksmithing marks. It will rust if it gets wet, either directly or simply through moisture in the air. This means that a product, made from untreated steel, will develop rust in a damp environment even if it is indoors. You may leave it to rust or you may finish it yourself, the way you like.
- Clear coat: clear paint that leaves visible raw steel finish with the black/dark grey mill scale on it. Looks pretty much industrial and rugged. Can be used as indoor and outdoor.
- Raw steel, brushed and varnished: steel cleaned up from a scale, brushed, and varnished, letting to see you the character of the steel, and feel the touch of the warm hand in each item. Covered with polyurethane varnish.
- Organic hot beeswax: multi-layers finish with hot beeswax that gives natural patina, strong corrosion-resistant protection and 100% organic finish. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without scale after heating.
- Brown paint / gold patina: great resistance for indoor and outdoor use. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without a scale after heating.
- Satin grey / gold patina: excellent resistance for indoor and outdoor use. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without a scale after heating.
- Oil rubbed bronze: excellent resistance for indoor and outdoor use. This finish is applied to the brushed and cleaned surface without a scale after heating.
Each bracket has six holes.
Fasteners are not included, because each wall demands its own type and length of screws. I do not know what kind of wall you have, so I do not want to provide you with wrong screws.
Each item is made to order in my workshop in Maryland. Traditional Old Blacksmith School, and personal touch with 30 years of experience and education in two University of Art stay behind each my work.
You may expect slight variations in measurements and finish due to the handmade nature of our work. No two alike.
I accept a bespoke order.
Heavy Duty Metal Forged Shelf Bracket. Single curved center bar.
Every item is made to order. The lead time is 3-4 weeks.